The monastery, founded in 1251 by the Ordine degli Umiliati, rationalized the organization of the hamlet located on the site (it was outside the city walls at the time), which was specialized in woolworking. Completely rebuilt in 1627 by B. Pettirossi, the church was completely restored following the damage caused by the 1966 flood. The façade done by Matteo Nigetti in 1637 is one of the earliest examples of Florentine Baroque; it was restored in 1872. The interior is a single nave with a sumptuously decorated transept.
Principali opere presenti: From the Renaissance cloisters one can reach the refectory of the convent, which has a number of works, including Botticelli's Saint Augustine in his Studio, and Domenico Ghirlandaio'sSaint Jerome and one of his Last Suppers.
Indirizzo: Via Borgognissanti 42 - Firenze Orario apertura: 8.00 - 12.00; 16.00 - 18.00 Ingresso: Free entrance Ingresso ridotto: Telefono: