This church, built at the beginning of XIIIth century as part of a monastic complex, hosted the spoils of Boccaccio, the renowned poet born in Certaldo. The structure, in bricks, features a basement in sandstone blocks, and it is in Romanesque style. It passed to Augustinians in the early XVth century, and a trapezoidal cloister was added later. In 1856, the prized colonnade was removed by the Chapel of Blessed Giulia, but it was restored in the Sixties. In this occasion the old entrances to the building were opened again: strangely enough, they opened on one side, instead of the fašade. The external architecture follows a tooth-saw theme, decorating the semicircular apse according a tradition original of Pisa. The interior is composed of a single hall, illuminated by mullioned windows and covered by a trussed ceiling. The floor contains the tombstone by Giovanni Boccaccio, whose cenotaph hosts a sculpted bust by G. F. Rustici (1503). The two tabernacles and a table depicting the Madonna of the Snow are ascribed to the Della Robbia workshop.
Principali opere presenti: Madonna of the Snow, by Della Robbia's workshop, XV-XVIth century.